Apple today released several updates for Xsan, their enterprise-class storage area network (SAN) solution.
About Xsan Filesystem Update 2.1
The 2.1 update is recommended for all systems running Xsan 2. This update includes general file system fixes, as well as specific fixes for:
– metadata controller reliability
– using and validating file system Access Control Lists
– upgrading from Xsan 1.4
About Xsan 2.1 Admin Update
The 2.1 update is recommended for all systems running Xsan 2. This update includes general administration fixes for remotely administering, configuring and maintaining Xsan deployments, and includes specific fixes for:
– using SAN Setup Assistant to configure volumes, LUNs and affinities
– changing a computer between client and metadata controller roles
– listing computers connected to the SAN
– visually displaying when LUNs have been truncated
For detailed information on these updates, see Apple’s About the Xsan 2.1 Update document.